Venky Anant, Partner
McKinsey & Company
Venky Anant joined McKinsey & Company’s Palo Alto office in 2011 and has since led several engagements at high-tech clients in Silicon Valley and across North America. Venky is a member of the Business Technology practice and his focus in the firm has been primarily around cyber-security, software/ startups and next generation infrastructure topics e.g., Cloud.
Venky also leads McKinsey’s West Coast CISO roundtable (cross-sector group of security leaders), and co-leads the healthcare CISO roundtable, a group of 60 CISOs.
- Cyber security strategy for >$100B global corporation across 10 business units worldwide
- 5-year Information Security roadmap for a large payor-provider, including business cases for obtaining funding for the program from the Board
- Security strategy and investment plan for Fortune 10 global organization
- Several security product related engagements around cyber-security market, growth and next generation trends that drive CISO focus and attention
- Growth strategy for a leading hardware/ software vendor with >$20B portfolio of products in a shrinking market- organizational turnaround and growth roadmap
- Global tech/ talent sourcing strategy for a Supply Chain team with >$100B revenue passing through the tech platforms- risk mitigation while optimizing cost
Education and prior experience
- Venky holds an M.B.A. from INSEAD, France, and a Masters in Computers
- Venky led a business analytics software startup which focused on security analytics in healthcare/ financial industry